How an idea comes to life…
1. A shape pops into my head. Pyramid!
2. A question follows on its heels. How can I make that shape in knitting?
3. Paper & folding ensues. Ahh…so that’s how!
4. Another question pops up. What can the shape be used for other than a sachet?
5. Leaving shape open on one side. Yeah, righto. A gift box!
6. Yet another question. How can I make it festive?
7. Jar of leftover bits of yarn, ribbons, and raffia says “Use Me!” Oooh, yes!
8. Button bin starts yelling too! Even brads work pretty well for a gift box! (Lime green polka dots are brads!)
9. Et Voila!
To view and/or purchase this knitted pattern...CLICK HERE!!
**A Note on Baby Steps: It needs to be said that each Baby Step I’ve posted here, actually has SEVERAL baby steps imbedded in the making of each one!! So, for instance, in creating a pattern for others to use, you have Step One: Idea. Step Two: Working out the idea ( in pen & paper, yarn & needles, etc.) Step Three: Sitting with the completed “prototype” to see if you are satisfied with it, or whether it needs something else. Step Four: Typing up the pattern in humanly readable terms rather than the chicken scrawl you have on a throwaway piece of paper. Step Five: Photographing the finished project. Step Six: Adding photo and EDITING the pattern for mistakes. Step Seven: Downloading pattern to Yarnworks site, Etsy, Ravelry, etc. Whew!!
The KEY to creating by the Baby Step method: DO NOT let yourself look ahead to all the zillions of steps you need to make. JUST BE PRESENT IN THE ONE STEP YOU NEED TO MAKE NOW!!! This helps me so so much! I get too overwhelmed by all the ideas swirling in my head and all the steps necessary to make the idea a reality. I have to HAVE PATIENCE and MOMENT PRESENTNESS. Not easy for me. But it is so rewarding to see the idea come to life and to share it with others! 🙂